Exploring new and inspiring approaches to rehabilitation, discussing how to maintain motivation and what a difference the environment can make to outcomes.
Thursday 18 May 2023
9:00am – 5:00pm
Birmingham Council House
About the event
The team at Irwin Mitchell are delighted to invite you to Birmingham Council House for our in-person Paediatric Rehabilitation conference on Thursday 18th May 2023.
Supporting clients to reach their post-injury potential is at the heart of what we do and this conference will bring together industry professionals who will explore new and inspiring approaches to Paediatric rehabilitation. The day will focus on a wide range of treatments such as…
- The application of Nature into therapy
- The role of Virtual Reality in Neurorehabilitation
- Equine Therapy
- What is the evidence
- Physio, SLT & OT Perspectives
- Psychological & welfare benefits
- Equine assisted learning
- Music Therapy in Children’s Hospitals
- Rehab Journeys through DJ’ing
- Magic based interactive therapies
Welcoming you to the day from Irwin Mitchell will be serious injury partner, Carolyn Heaton. Carolyn will be joined by experts from across the country such as…
- Dr Katherine Dawson, Director & Consultant Clinical Neuropsychologist (Sphere Memory and Rehabilitation)
- Dora Goldsbrough, Leader and Creative Educator (Forest School)
- Ninette du Plessis, Vice Chair & Occupational therapist (EATASA)
- Rory Hoy, International DJ & Film Producer
- Amy O’Shaughnessy, Co-Founder & Cathy Birch, Therapist (George’s Rockstars)
- Elizabeth Beckerlegge, Chartered Physiotherapist & Laura Norman, Speech & Language Therapist (Riding for Rehab)
- Shelley Williams, Specialist Children’s Occupational therapist and Moving and handling trainer (OTS4U)
- Dawn Frith, Independent Paediatric Occupational Therapist (Co-Ordinated Kids)
- Yvonne Farquharson, Managing Director and Founder, Richard McDougall, Breathe Magician and Member of the Inner Magic Circle & Rebecca Fortescue, Co-Clinical Lead Occupational Therapist (Breathe Magic)
- Cathryn Hampshire, Centre Manager, Sami Butcher, Equine Coach & Laura Lamber, Equine Coordinator (The Donkey Sanctuary)
- Dr Penny Trayner, Paediatric Clinical Neuropsychologist, Chartered Psychologist & Registered practitioner clinical psychologist (Clinical Psychology Services (CNS) Ltd)
There will also be opportunities to network with like-minded professionals during breaks and the day will conclude with a drinks reception for guests.
For more information on presenters and a full programme please see below.
We look forward to seeing you, sign up today to secure your place.